Re: ledgersmb.spec in version 1.4.20

Hi John,

That is the answer I was hoping to hear.
Spaces in paths and filenames are *EVIL* :-)
Doesn't excuse our script breaking when there are spaces though.

Regards
David G

On 29/12/15 05:39, John Locke wrote:
Hi,

On 12/28/2015 09:20 AM, Erik Huelsmann wrote:

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 7:48 AM, David Godfrey <..hidden..> wrote:

On 07/12/15 22:39, Khalil Foundy wrote:
Hi David
I just run a quick find command and found 3 files with spaces in there names. These are dojo demos files, so they might not be important after all. Here they are:
UI/lib/dojo/dojox/data/demos/geography/United\ States\ of\ America
UI/lib/dojo/dojox/data/demos/geography/Commonwealth\ of\ Australia
UI/lib/dojo/dojox/data/demos/geography/Mexico/Mexico\ City

The "\" is added by find -ls as it escapes "unusual characters". The problem with the chmod the way it is done is it executes in one shot on all the files of the distribution. So if there is only one file with a space in the name it will fail which it does right now.

As for the symbolic link the following command
    ln -s /usr/share/dojo $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_datadir}/%{name}/UI/lib/dojo

will create a symbolic link named UI/lib/dojo but the directory already exists as you can see above where files have spaces in their names. So, in my opinion the command should be rewritten to create /usr/share/dojo symbolic link instead.

As I said, I have never created an RPM out of this package before and I am still running ledgermsb 1.2. for my business needs. The reason I am trying to create a package is to automate the creation of KVM virtual machines that run only ledgersmb. So I want the package to be installed during the build.

Not sure about the symlink, but thought I would comment on these files -- we should be able to remove everything under UI/lib/dojo/dojox. I don't recall how we pulled those into our project, but I do know that Dojo now packages these in completely independent git repositories -- dojo, dijit, dojox, and util each have their own repository, and I don't think we need to include dojox ("Dojo eXperimental") at all.

If we're using anything from dojox, we should get just that part of the tree -- but I suspect the only thing we're considering in there is dojox/DataGrid, which we should be replacing with dgrid anyway...

Cheers,
John Locke
http://www.freelock.com