Re: Debian LXC Apache connection Issues

Robert James Clay
Thanks for the reply

> On Saturday, March 28, 2015 09:29:45 AM Geordie wrote:
> >
> > I was originally going to ask for the best practices in setting up
> > Apache2 for Ledgersmb, however, right now I would just like to have
> > it open. Ledgersmb is installed in a Debian Unstable LXC container
> > on a Debian Unstable host.
>
>    I generally use a Debian Testing ("jessie") LXC...
I have been running unstable since 2007 because at that time the only
radeon driver available for my equipment was in unstable,
so it stuck. I run a lazy version of unstable by up grading no more
than once a month. Last year I tried to avoid upgrading because lots of
things were broken So every thing this year has been a fresh install
since January.
The feature I was looking for in LXC was in the Experimental repos. So
that what I am using. I had an issue or two installing but it works

I am using unprivileged containers installed by root for LXC

> > As for the install it was relatively painless
> > there was a problem however
> >
> > apache2_invoke ledgersmb.conf: already enabled
> > apache2_reload: Your configuration is broken. Not reloading Apache 2
> > apache2_reload: AH00526: Syntax error on line 9
> > of /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/ledgersmb.conf: apache2_reload: Invalid
> > command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module
> > not included in the server configuration
>
>    I'll review the package postinst script;  may be missing an module
> enable for the apache 2.4 section
>

> > ln: failed to create symbolic link
> > ‘/etc/ledgersmb/ledgersmb-httpd-2.4.conf’: File exists
I just remove this line
and reran apt-get install ledgersmb
and it reconfigured /etc/ledgersmb/ledgersmb-httpd-2.4.conf
that was nice

This has been alot easier than in the past
Thank you for this

>    Was this an upgrade install?  Or a clean install?
clean install

> > I corrected the error
>
>   So, you enabled mod_rewrite?
yes

> > added the IP address
> > to /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/ledgersmb.conf
>
>   Which IP?  And where?
>   I have the LXC(s) I'm using on a server on my network, and access
> that from my workstation.   I add an "Require IP $WORKSTATIONIP" line
> after the require for 127.0.0.1 in the 'Directory' stanza for
> "/usr/share/ledgersmb".   And an "Allow from $WORKSTATIONIP" after
> the one for 127.0.0.1 to the 'Directory' stanza for
> "/var/lib/ledgersmb/css".

I did this
/etc/apache2/conf-enabled/ledgersmb.conf
I placed it here
  # By default, only allow from localhost.  If you change this, please
be # advised that you should use SSL protection on any and all network
  # connections that access this application in order to protect
usernames and # passwords.
  Require ip 127.0.0.1
  Require ip 10.0.0.13

and here
Alias /lsmbcss /var/lib/ledgersmb/css/
<Directory /var/lib/ledgersmb/css>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Allow from 127.0.0.1
  Allow from localhost
  Allow from 10.0.0.13
  Deny from All
</Directory>

Which is not much different than yourself

>    Also; the default for the "Configure LedgerSMB automatically?"
> question is "No" (because it doesn't work properly);  it that what
> you took?
I cant remember so it probably was yes, just out of habit

I notice on the Ledgersmb site that version 1.40 something is out I am
wondering if I should not install from source with that version. I am
basically starting everything from fresh with books for I have made too
many foopahs over the last 4-5 years

Thanks
Geordie