Voided sales invoice not reversing payment?

I have an issue, which maybe should be a bug. I messed up a sales invoice
#1285 and then voided it. It looks to me like there is a missing pair of
entries.

What I have is:

For Account #1201 (AR)

Ref        |Debit |Credit
-----------+------+-----
1285       | 12   |  0
1285       |  0   | 15
1285-VOID  |  0   | 12
1286       | 15   |  0
1286       |  0   | 15

For Account #4020 (Sales)

Ref        |Debit |Credit
-----------+------+-----
1285       |  0   |  12
1285-VOID  | 12   |   0
1286       |  0   |  12

For Account #1601 (Bank)

Ref        |Debit |Credit
-----------+------+-----
1285       | 15   |  0
1286       | 15   |  0

However, should there not also be:

For Account #1201 (AR)

Ref        |Debit |Credit
-----------+------+-----
1285-VOID  | 15   |  0

and

For Account #1601 (Bank)

Ref        |Debit |Credit
1285-VOID  |  0   | 15

??

If I just need to plan on making the appropriate JE, that I can do, but it
seems to me like the [VOID] button processing missed something.

Louis