Re: Upgrading lsmb-1.2 database

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 1:20 AM, Kai Huuhko <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi

I'm attempting to upgrade an old database backup that was created back
in 2011 using ledgersmb-1.2.

The pg_restore process completed successfully with just one trivial
error: could not execute query: ERROR:  language "plpgsql" already
exists

Yeah that error is harmless and has more to do with the PostgreSQL version than anything else.

Trying to run the upgrade process using lsmb-1.4.4 it errored out
saying I should check the logs in /etc/ledgersmb but I have no such
directory.

With lsmb-1.3.44 the upgrade process completes but with 0 row counts
for all but users (1) and vendors (2). I get no actual data in the
company, even the chart of accounts is empty.

Ok, there is a sql/upgrade/1.3-1.2.sql which will restore your data to the pre-upgrade state.  The 1.2 data is still in yoru database as 1.2 data, but has been moved out of the way. Our upgrades are guaranteed non-destructive, but we could do a little more to make recovery easy.  At any rate, before you proceed, you will want to run that script.

This problem happens when the upgrade fails (and it does so transactionally).  Your old 1.2 data plus some mapping information is in the lsmb12 schema.  The 1.3-1.2.sql deletes the mapping information and moves the data back to where it is accessible to LedgerSMB 1.2 (or for the upgrade).

Attached is a syslog dump of entries logged by postgresql during the
upgrade process using lsmb-1.3.44.

Can anyone help me get the database upgraded completely?

Your issue is found in your logs here:

loka 13 08:09:25 minilith.hima postgres[10339]: [3-1] ERROR:  insert or update on table "acc_trans" violates foreign key constraint "acc_trans_trans_id_fkey"

loka 13 08:09:25 minilith.hima postgres[10339]: [3-2] DETAIL:  Key (trans_id)=(11188) is not present in table "transactions".

There are a couple possible causes here.  This could be old data corruption, or it could be an issue with the transactions table being incomplete.

Once you run the downgrade script, try this:

SELECT count(*) FROM ar WHERE id = 11188;
SELECT count(*) FROM ap WHERE id = 11188;
SELECT count(*) FROM gl WHERE id = 11188;

Based upon the results of those queries we can decide what to do.

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more