Observations on the install of 1.4.0, request for help

Did the preliminaries and was able to get setup.pl but when asked to
create database I got:

|  Error!
|
|  Base schema failed to load at LedgerSMB/Database.pm line 614.
|
|  dbversion: 1.4.0, company:

It seems that changing permissions on /tmp/ledgersmb got past that

As I going through the setup pages, a little more info would help to make
selections. Which templates to load? xedemo, demo_with_images, demo?
which, what, why?

When creating users, knowing which fields are required would help. I don't
normally need my ssn for LedgerSMB. It failed because I hadn't put in an
ssn. There after I was unable to add myself because I was entering a
duplicate. I didn't see anything in the users, user_preference, entity,
person, entity_employee, or entity_other_name tables. So this one is a
puzzlement.

I dropped the database and started again.

and

Error!

Error from Function:
ERROR: Duplicate user More information has been reported in the error logs
at LedgerSMB.pm line 773.

dbversion: 1.4.0, company:

Now I need help.

Help,