Re: Accounts List in G/L

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014, Chris Travers wrote:

> Account numbers are hierarchical, so it makes sense to do a prefix match
> for those, but we can modify the logic so it does an internal match for
> description (so 'soft' would match 'Computer Software' as well as 'Income
> from Microsoft').
>
> Any objection to this change?

Chris,

   No objection, but a comment and a question. Text completion requires
knowing some part of the desired string. A list from which to selecte one
account requires knowing nothing about their numbers or names. Is the latter
that much more difficult (or time consuming) to implement?

   I know nothing about BUI forms; in the Python/wxPython applications I
build a pick-list is one of the available data entry widget types. Perhaps
that's not as easy to do with a web framework.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |