Re: Differences between AR & AP transactions

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Linda Hillier <..hidden..> wrote:
I have LedgerSMB 1.3.35 and I am having some issues.

When I post an AR transaction the invoice created date is automatically
filled in by the system, however when I try to post an AP transaction it
does not fill in the date created automatically and I receive this error
after entering all of the other relevant information into the transaction:

Right.  That was the original design of this feature.  The reasoning was that some places require this to be tracked and AP invoices may be filled in after the fact, so better to require it explicitly.

However, this was found to be problematic for workflows and so this behavior was changed in 1.3.36, so that both AR and AP transactions default to the current date.

My recommendation is to upgrade if possible.  Otherwise I can send you a patch based on the commits that changed this.

    Error!

*
UPDATE ap
SET invnumber = ?,
ordnumber = ?,
transdate = ?,
taxincluded = ?,
amount = ?,
duedate = ?,
paid = ?,
datepaid = ?,
netamount = ?,
curr = ?,
notes = ?,
intnotes = ?,
department_id = ?,
ponumber = ?,
crdate = ?,
reverse = ?
WHERE id = ?

ERROR: invalid input syntax for type date: ""
LINE 17: crdate = '',
^*

Also, on AR transactions my GST is calculated automatically, and it is
not calculated automatically on AP transactions. At some point last year
before we upgraded this all worked fine, my gst was calculated, I could
save an AP transaction with no issues, and then I could approve and post
it. My boyfriend thinks that this issue is due to me not filling in the
order number, and claims that we have always had to manually enter GST
on AP transactions, but this just doesn't seem right to me. I don't have
to fill in the order number on AR transactions, why would I have to fill
it in on AP transactions? And why would my GST be calculated
automatically on AR transactions but not AP? I have double checked that
all of my vendors have the appropriate tax boxes checked, just as my
customers do.

Unfortunately I am more of a LedgerSMB user than a LedgerSMB guru, but I
am not opposed to trying to fix things myself if anyone has any hints,
or suggestions of even where to look in the DB logs.

I have a print screen of what I have entered in the AP transaction
screen if anyone is interested, I would be happy to pass it along, I am
quite stumped at this point, and quite honestly am on the verge of
dumping this entire program for something that is not OpenSource, simply
because I am so frustrated and am not sure how to fix things. It will
always be my preference to use OpenSource software but I have been
having a huge fight with LedgerSMB since I switched from SQLLedger a
year ago.

I appreciate any help that I might receive,

Cheers,

--
*Linda Hillier*
Computerisms