Re: Install instructions for LedgerSMB 1.4

On 06/03/14 22:53, Benedict White wrote:
> Are there any install instructions for Ledger SMB 1.4 b5.
>
> I have a system ready for install that hasn't had it installed before.
>
> Do I start by copying it to something like /usr/local/ledgersmb?
OK...

Reading through the install file in the tarball, which seems to cover
both 1.3 and 1.4, the process is:

Install Apache with the correct modrewrite settings, Postgresql, Perl
and it's dependencies, then copy the ledgersmb directory to somewhere
appropriate such as /usr/local/smb (Or even something like
/opt/ledgersmb) then edit the ledgersmb-httpd.conf file to point to the
right places and then get it included in Apache one way or another.

As I understand it the purpose of running the following:
  $ perl Makefile.PL
  $ make test

is to make sure dependencies are there, and install them if not, rather
than actually install ledgerSMB, is that correct?

Kind regards

Benedict White