Packaging LedgerSMB

I am looking to package Ledger SMB on Arch Linux, and wanted to know how
to run the make file to put stuff in a specific location? Build scripts
for Arch Perl packages can be straightforward if the package will take
exported perl directives such as DESTDIR. (For an example build script
see something like:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pe/perl-acme-travigator/PKGBUILD or
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pe/perl-any-moose/PKGBUILD and you
will see what I mean.

My main reason for building a package is that there are serious numbers
of perl dependencies and I'm only installing on a test system so I want
to be able to do the install again on a live machine afterwards. (I can
also then post it for others to use as well).

Kind regards

Benedict White