Re: v1.3.36 fails update on add transaction

Pongrácz István said the following on 01/24/2014 03:40 PM:
[CUT]
> Good for you :) In Hungary the situation is different. There are a lot of rules (besides of some other issues).
>
> Anyway, I am wondering about the following situation:
> - a company, who has to pay VAT every months, based on their transaction dates
> - the company issues an invoice in December, 2013 with transaction date January, 2013 -> the book (financial year) is still open in 2013.
> - The money receives to the company in December, but the payable tax generated in January.
>
> Due to that, this company must send VAT report every months, it will mess the tax reports, back to January.
>
> If we (government, etc.) only care about the full financial year, and doesn't care about the details, it could be ok.
>
> But I still wondering, how the cashflow between the government and the companies happens and how to control that without some additional rules.

I've been running my own company (and own books) for 12 years - and it
gives no issues AFAIK (my accountant is happy as well :)

All we use in Denmark, is the invoice date - whenever the invoice was
actually created is not taken into account or saved anywhere (only
requirement is on the numbering scheme used).

So VAT is paid, dependant on the invoice date. ie. if a AR invoice is
dated in january - then I pay the VAT for that in the VAT period in
which january resides (dependant on revenue companies report VAT
monthly, quarterly or semi-annually) - no matter when I actually get
paid - that has no influence on when I pay the VAT for the invoice.

If I can't get the payment for the invoice - then I'll have to issue a
credit-invoice - which will mean a deduction in my VAT reporting for the
period in which I do the credit-invoice.

I hope this helps to explain the way it works here (and as I believe in
the other scandinavian countries as well).

--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - ..hidden.. - http://www.vsen.dk - Tlf. 61281200

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
  --Henry Spencer