Re: SIC - what is it for?

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:
István,

When creating a company, you can select from the SIC codes. I'm not aware it's used anywhere within the application, but I've worked for companies which had do reporting based on industry. SIC stands for Standardised Industry Code. I know of standardized schemes by the US (SIC and NAICS), EU (NACE) and Australia-and-New-Zealand (ANZSIC) numbering systems.

This is very useful when you are importing (and I would think if you were exporting) products. You are required to have this information for the border officials or customs officials either way.

The complete list is quite long and has many convoluted options but as it something one has to deal with it would be very useful for anyone in a business where there was any import or export.

I would suggest that access to the complete list (better database) be included.

Darald