SIC - what is it for?

Hi,

In the System->SIC it is possible to build up a structure of SIC codes.

In the other hand, I can not figure out, where to use it or what is the reason to have this list?

I can imagine that, it is only for storing valid SIC codes which specific for a country to help check the recent valid codes, but frankly, I have no other idea.

Any idea?

Cheers,

István