Re: initdb?

----------------eredeti üzenet-----------------
Feladó: "ario" ..hidden..
Címzett: ..hidden..
Dátum: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 06:34:58 +0000

> I'm trying to install ledgersmb on fedora 18, following the
> instructions in the INSTALL file, but using
> ledgersmb-1.3.35-1.noarch.rpm, but it's not clear to me where (if ever)
> in the course of events described in the INSTALL file I should invoke
> the '$ sudo postgresql-setup initdb' command.
>
> Would that be immediate after the install of postgresql?
> Or after '$ sudo yum install ~/Downloads/ledgersmb-1.3.35-1.noarch.rpm'?
>

> thanks,
> ario

Hi,

When you install postgresql manually, after you installed the code itself, you have to start your postgresql server and make the initial database to get it work.

When you use debian, fedora, I think this step is part of the installation process and you do not need to create the initial database by hand.

So, if you have a running postgresql, you are good, you can start installing ledgersmb.

Cheers,
István