Re: New install, initial configuration failures

Hi Jim,

> I'm trying to get my first install of LedgerSMB running, but am failing in the setting up a company DB phase.

Welcome to the list.

> First, here's the background info:
>
> I'm running Linux Mint Debian Edition, which is 100% compatible with latest Debian (sorry, I never can stay in tune with the debian names).

No problem :-)Â Latest stable is called Wheezy.

> I have version 1.3.18-2 installed from the repos. ÂInstallation is complete and appeared to complete without any issues. ÂI'm running it against Postgres 9.1 (already installed for other applications).

Ok. Do you have the postgresql-contrib-9.1 package installedas well?

> I'm trying the instructions at:
> http://ledger-smb.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ledger-smb/branches/1.3/INSTALL

> I've gotten the setup.pl running, and get part way through the wizzard until it prompts for loading general.sql, or select from a few others (including manufacturing.sql or service.sql). ÂI click next, and I get a server error. ÂMy apache logs show:

[ snip ]

> [Mon Jul 08 15:41:24 2013] [error] [client ::1] LINE 1: SELECT * FROM "public"."person__list_salutations"(), referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl
> [Mon Jul 08 15:41:24 2013] [error] [client ::1] Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ^, referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl
> [Mon Jul 08 15:41:24 2013] [error] [client ::1] HINT: ÂNo function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts. at LedgerSMB.pm line 828., referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl

[ snip ]

This bit means the the base files - notably Pg-database.sql - did not load succesfully. There are logs in /tmp/ledgersmb. Can you analyse those and send us either the whole file or just the few first errors?

> I asked on the irc channel, and only chris___ came back, and said he got the same thing following the ubuntu install tutorial.

> How do I get past this? Â

I hope we can help you past this. Maybe even improve the installation experience in the process.

Bye, Erik.