Re: Need hint - using parts from stock

----------------eredeti Ãzenet-----------------
FeladÃ: "Chris Travers" <..hidden..>
CÃmzett: "LedgerSMB Users" <..hidden..>
DÃtum: Thu, 30 May 2013 17:44:48 -0700

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 8:26 AM, PongrÃcz IstvÃn <..hidden..> wrote:

Hi,

I am facing a question with sql-ledger, but I think the use case and solution could be the same.

There are different parts on the stock, let's say hard drives, cpu, ssd, keyboard, mouse, uSD cards etc.

I would like to take out from stock and use it in the same company, for example I need uSD card for testing, keyboard/mouse to use, HDD in new storage etc.

My question is, how to do this task in correct way?

The easy part already done: I took out some parts and already use in my production :))))))) Now it is time to make the administrative task :)

The simplest way is to "invoice" yourself.  We provide two accounts (one a customer and one a vendor) for inventory adjustments.  These can then be helpful when managing inventory generally. They both belong to a company named "Inventory Entity" but you can of course change this, set up use taxes as applicable, etc.

Obviously inventory adjustment "invoices" are not really invoices because they are issued to yourself and lack a clear counterparty.  So you have to make sure that either the total is 0 (if there are no taxes applicable) or that you "pay" yourself out of a temporary equity account that you can fold into retained earnings at the end of the year.

Thank you Chris,

Sounds reasonable. I check it.

Bye,

IstvÃn