"You have no permission to access this file"

In fact there are two problems:

I installed lsmb-1.3.29-1 on a Fedora 18 VM using the rpm.

1.
I Had to switch off SELinux in order to have httpd accept the listening
on port 5432 (it just FAILED to start up with SELinux enforced). This
can't be right.

I put an index.html containing the text "hello" in /var/www/html and
when I 'point' lynx (it's a GUI-less minimal install) to localhost,
whether it's 127.0.0.1 or 127.0.0.1:5432, I get the 'hello'.

2.
When I try to go to 127.0.0.1:5432/ledgersmb/login.pl or -setup.pl, I
get a HTTP403 "Forbidden" (You don't have permission to
access /ledgersmb/login.pl on this server.)
Yet the 'alias /ledgersmb /usr/share/ledgersmb' is in
the /etc/httpd/conf.d/ledgersmb.conf file.

By the way: why are there 2 ledgersmb.conf files scattered around the
system?
     $ locate ledgersmb.conf
     /etc/httpd/conf.d/ledgersmb.conf
     /usr/share/ledgersmb/ledgersmb.conf
     $
Oh, wait, those are two entirely different files.

The permissions on /usr/share/ledgersmb are 744, owner:group=root:root.
The same for login.pl, but then with 644 for the permissions.
Even if I set all 'Deny All' directives in ledgersmb.conf to 'Allow
All', I still get the 403. (Of course after a 'systemctl restart
httpd.service'.)

Almost seems like the alias isn't seen??