Re: Getting Apache to recognise the LedgerSMB home folder

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Hedley Finger <..hidden..> wrote:
I have got Apache working on Windows 7 in that when I enter localhost or 127.0.0.1 in Google Chrome I get the index.html "It Works!" page from htdocs/.  I have edited the conf/ledgersmb-httpd.conf file but when

    localhost/ledgersmb

or

    localhost/ledgersmb/login.pl

is typed into the browser it displays a "URL not found" error message, rather than the output of login.pl when it is run.

Both httpd.conf and ledgersmb-httpd.conf are in the conf/ folder.  Is this correct?  What is the order of precedence of *.conf files?

The key in the ledgersmb-httpd.conf is the alias directive.

You may need to hand-edit the ledgersmb-httpd.conf to set the paths.  Note that on Linux and Windows the directory slashes go different directions.  Fortunately this is not a problem in the Perl app.

It is possible that the lines

# Redirect the /ledgersmb and /ledgersmb/ URL paths to
# the true login script: /ledgersmb/login.pl
RewriteRule ^/ledgersmb/?$ /ledgersmb/login.pl [R]

Hope the above helps.