Re: User / Password challenge

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Brian Wolf <..hidden..> wrote:
I've created a new database using setup.pl after upgrading to revision 5339 using "svn up".  After entering a correct user ID + password + company, it still challenges me to authenticate (i.e., re-enter user ID and password).  It still will not accept them.

I must be overlooking something basic in configuration, but I'm not sure what.  Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Two things you can try from psql and one from setup.pl:

From setup.pl you can actually now create new users for existing databases.  The new admin can then reset the old admin's password if you want.

From psql, the following will let you salvage that specific user login:

ALTER USER myusername WITH PASSWORD 'newpassword' VALID UNTIL 'tomorrow';

Then when you log in and set your password again, the password will be updated and the expiration will be cancelled or extended depending on saved settings (by default no expiration on user changed passwords).