Re: Allowing Accountant access

On 25/11/12 22:25, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to allow our accountant to access the accounts to read reports.

Could someone please point out the groups I should add the accountant to
so they can view all reports - but not be able to update any data, add
transactions or otherwise change anything on the system.

Well, it really depends on what kind of additional information he needs to see, but I'd start with the following and work my way through his/her requests from there:

* Financial reports
* GL reports
* Inventory reports (?)
* AP transaction list
* AR transaction list

Maybe these as well:

* auditor
* contact read

If I enable all those groups the login for that user only sees the option 'logout' on the menu.

How do I get the menu items to show?

If the menu items are not showing, that suggests these role names are missing from the menu_acl table. You can make the menu items show up by inserting the roles in the menu_acl table with an 'allow' authorization and the menu ids of the menu items as taken from the menu_node table.

Thanks for the reply.

This seems a bit strange - if I need to change which items various users can access surely I don't have to edit the underlying database?

Cheers,

Kevin

HTH,

Erik.