problems upgrading from a bastard 1.2.25 install to 1.3.18

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade from 1.2.25 to 1.3.18-2 (the Debian package). I
have encountered significant issues.

Here is the procedure I followed:

https://wiki.koumbit.net/LedgerSmbUpgrade#A1.2.25_to_1.3.18

Basically, I am creating a dumb database from scratch, dropping it and
recreating it with the data from the other install, as I am working
accross database servers on a completely separated install.

What is happening, after the painful invoice rename process (can't those
be sorted by invoice number ffs??), is that all tables are completely
empty:

koumbit12=# select * from acc_trans;
[...]
(0 row)

All tables. I fail to understand how this can happen, especially since
the upgrade script prompts me for actual data.

For what it's worth, the second I hit "upgrade" on that last screen, it
had already flushed all tables in the database, which can explain why
the tables end up being empty.

This is a major blocker for us, any ideas?

Thanks,

A.

--
N'aimer qu'un seul est barbarie, car c'est au dÃtriment de tous les
autres. FÃt-ce l'amour de Dieu.