Re: Ledger-smb-users Digest, Vol 70, Issue 3

Thanks Chris:

I installed the -contrib packages for the db server, but when I reload
that page, I am prompted to log in only to encounter a message:
"Unknown database found." with the option to "Cancel?" and a "Yes"
button.

Is this a matter of an expired session and a need to start over again
with a DROP / CREATE and restoration of my pg_dump of the legacy
installation?  If not, what need I do to proceed with this UPGRADE attempt?

-- Hugh Esco

On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 01:18:43 +0000
..hidden.. wrote:

> Today's Topics:
>
>    4. Problems upgrading from LSMB 1.2.0,	guidance sought (Hugh Esco)
>    5. Problems, still, upgrading from LSMB 1.2.0,	guidance sought
>       (Hugh Esco)
>    6. Re: Problems, still, upgrading from LSMB 1.2.0, guidance
>       sought (Chris Travers)

> Message: 6
> Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 18:18:35 -0700
> From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
> Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-users] Problems, still, upgrading from LSMB
> 	1.2.0, guidance sought
> To: ..hidden..
>
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Hugh Esco <..hidden..>wrote:
>
> > With some guidance from ehu` on the IRC channel, I made some progress
> > on the issue described below, but now again find myself stuck here.
> >
> > After setting the default country, AR and AP accounts, I encountered an
> > Internal Server Error, for which I have posted the logs here:
> >
> >         http://pastebin.campaignfoundations.com/2
> >
> > so I went:
> >
> >         chown www-data: /tmp/ledgersmb/
> >
> > And on page reload, I am advised in the browser: "Error!  Internal
> > Database Error:  More information has been reported in the error logs."
> > So I linked those error logs here:
> >
> >         http://static.campaignfoundations.com/upgrade_logs/
> >
> > ehu` advised that I "need to change your ledgersmb.conf," explaining
> > "in your ledgersmb.conf, there's a setting pointing to the directory of
> > tablefunc.sql".
> >
> > With a fresh updatedb, `locate tablefunction.sql` turns up nothing.
> > Poking around I'm guessing perhaps the directory I am interested in is
> > this one: /usr/local/ledgersmb_13/sql/upgrade/svn/.  But I still do not
> > know what key to set that value to.  Grep'ing the code base led me to
> > LedgerSMB::DBObject->exec_method() which appears to call a stored
> > procedure on the database, but that left me still scratching my head
> > about what change I need to make to ledgersmb.conf.
> >

> tablefunc.sql is contained in the package containing the postgresql contrib
> scripts.
>
> On Red-Hat-like distros something like:
>
> yum install postgresql-contrib
>
> On Debian-like systems,
>
> apt-get install postgresql-contrib
>
> For others, you may want to google.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers
>

> End of Ledger-smb-users Digest, Vol 70, Issue 3

Hugh Esco
skype: hresco3_ ; 678-921-8186 x21
http://www.CampaignFoundations.com/
Providing Application Hosting, Telephony,
Custom Development and Consulting Services
to Green Candidates, Green Parties and
the non profits working for a just and sustainable future.

if( $insurance->rationing() ) { $people->die(); }
if( isa_ok($self,'Troy::Davis') =~ m/^ok/) { $people->are_whole(); }