Error when adding an image

An error is displayed when attempting to upload and attach an image (see below).
Strangely, the image is nonetheless added (which can be verified by cycling back through and viewing the product/part).
Plus, images are shown under "Attached and Linked Files" top section, but the bottom section is empty, except for the [Attach] link.  I've embedded a screenshot.
Can someone explain how this is supposed to work?

Not Found

The requested URL /ledgersmb/.pl was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.20 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80

Thanks.
Brian

Brian Wolf
Activus Technologies
Phone: 410.367.2958
Email: ..hidden..
Try out Activus Secure Payments™, our recurring payments application.