Re: Options for installing Ledger-SMB

Hi Jigme,

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Jigme Datse Rasku <..hidden..> wrote:
I'm struggling to find an accounting package that suits my needs, that
also is not more expensive than I currently can afford. ÂSure I could
go with something as simple as a spreadsheet in LibreOffice. ÂDoesn't
really suit my needs that well. ÂLedger SMB looks to be a good fit,
but the last time I tried to install it on my OS X machine I spent
hours and hours trying to get it installed, and never managed to get
it installed. ÂI've thought of a number of options, one of which would
be purchasing a netbook with some flavour of Linux on it. ÂProblem
with that idea is that comes into the too expensive for my business at
this time right now problem. ÂSo any other ideas? ÂWays to get Ledger
SMB running on my iMac? Or some other option that might be somewhat
similar to Ledger SMB, that is easier to setup under OSX?

Have you considered getting hosting space somewhere to run LSMB on? that'll give you access to your accounting even if you're not on your iMac.

Bye,

Erik.