Re: 42883:ERROR; expected 1.3.12 error

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 06:38:31PM +0900, billy akazawa wrote:
> I've tried the following, but I'm definitely doing something wrong.
>
> ..hidden..:/home/billy# su postgres
> ..hidden..:/home/billy$ ALTER USER ledgersmb SUPERUSER;
> bash: ALTER: command not found
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

The ALTER USER command is a postgresql database command but is being run
from the shell, hence the error. You need to connect to the database as
the postgres user before issuing this command. eg:

	# su postgres
	$ psql
	postgres=# ALTER USER ledgersmb SUPERUSER;

HTH,

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107