[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Installing 1.3 on Redhat or Fedora systems?
- Subject: Installing 1.3 on Redhat or Fedora systems?
- From: Hilton Day <..hidden..>
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 21:22:33 +1100
I've been running Ledger SMB since about 2007 - currently on 1.2.21, for a small consulting practice (me). I've recently been investigating migrating to 1.3 (.10 and today .11) - but have run into a few difficulties, so have some questions.
My plan is firstly to get a clean installation of 1.3 up and running, to prove to myself that I'm satisfying all module dependencies etc. and to have a look at 1.3. Then once thats achieved, I'll work on the migration of my existing 1.2 installation (or rather, on a virtualised clone of that machine - so I don't need to roll-back if it has issues).
So anyway - my questions:
1. Which RPM-based distribution is the RPM for? Ideally, a version and the distribution name - I've had little joy with Redhat Enterprise 5 or 6, even using external repo's like "epel" and "atrpms" for the perl module dependencies. I'm currently installing Fedora 15 into a virtual machine to try there. There are invariably at least a couple of version incompatibilities between dependencies to install the rpm. I see in the header of the rpm spec file it says tested on Centos 4 and 5, but I tried to install the 1.3.10 rpm on Centos 5 and couldn't resolve the dependencies using the defaults repos, or with the usual slew of external repo's (epel/atrpms/rpmforge).
2. In the INSTALL documentation file, it has under the Contents section:
* Installing Perl module dependencies
* for Fedora
But there's no list of rpm packages to be installed by yum to provide the perl modules? I see yum commands for installing the web server, postgres etc. but it appears a section has perhaps been dropped in an earlier revision? Is there such a list of rpm dependencies somewhere? (I'll go dig through earlier versions of the file to see - its been a few years since I installed 1.2 so its all a bit hazy, but I do recall such a list of perl dependencies existed)
3. Is there an installation guide other than the INSTALL file? My memory is that for 1.2 there was an excellent section in the pdf-based Ledger-SMB manual on installation, but its no longer there for 1.3?
If anyone can answer the above that would be great - even if the answer is that the info doesn't exist.
Sydney - Australia
Keep Your Developer Skills Current with LearnDevNow!
The most comprehensive online learning library for Microsoft developers
is just $99.99! Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL - plus HTML5, CSS3, MVC3,
Metro Style Apps, more. Free future releases when you subscribe now!
Ledger-smb-users mailing list