Questions on Add Customer Screen

I have read through the Ledgersmb documentation, but it doesn't explain some new items that exist on the Add Customer page.  If I go to AR>Customers>Add Customer, I see the following fields/buttons and not really sure what to enter or how they are used.

- Control Code
- Generate Control Code button
- Retrieve button

Also, where do you enter the account number?  If we want to use for example the customer's phone number as their account number making it easy to retrieve the customer on the POS Sales screen, how can we accomplish this?

--
Best Regards,
Steven Marshall