Re: Announcing LedgerSMB 1.3.10

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 4:40 AM, Philip Rhoades <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris,

On 2012-02-01 17:32, Chris Travers wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Philip Rhoades <..hidden..
> [8]> wrote:
>
>> Chris,
>>
>> On 2012-02-01 14 [1]:02, Chris Travers wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Philip Rhoades
>> <..hidden.. [2]

>> addresses

>> the

>> but
>> on
>> >
>> > Try:
>> >
>> > select version();
>> >
>> > and
>> >
>> > if 9.1:
>> >
>> > CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc;
>> >
>> > do that in a new database.
>> >
>> > If that works you can drop the database and I will send you some
>> > lines
>> > to comment out.
>>
>> -bash-4.2$ dropdb ext_test
>> -bash-4.2$ createdb ext_test
>> -bash-4.2$ psql ext_test
>> psql (9.1.2)
>> Type "help" for help.
>>
>> ext_test=# select version();
>>
>>        version

>>  PostgreSQL 9.1.2 on x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc
>> (GCC)
>> 4.6.2 20111027 (Red Hat 4.6.2-1), 64-bit
>> (1 row)
>>
>> ext_test=# CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc;
>> ERROR:  type "tablefunc_crosstab_2" already exists
>
> Interesting.
>
> Is it possible that tablefunc had been loaded into template1 and then
> this was upgraded?

Yes maybe - I had some old unused LSMB DBs (1.2.x?) in my setup and in
the transition from Fedora 14 (Postgresql 8.x?) the data was dumped out
and imported into Fedora 16.

> If so, you will need to try this (first on ext_test, and then if
> successful on template1):
>
> CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc FROM unpackaged;

ext_test=# CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc FROM unpackaged;
ERROR:  function normal_rand(integer, double precision, double
precision) does not exist

Something in your PostgreSQL database setup is messed up.   I am going to suggest we take this up on the Pgsql lists because someone may have a better idea than me (if it were me I would add dummy functions for all those missing and then drop the extension.  I will be sending an email there.

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades