I currently run ledgersmb-1.2.17 on my laptop. I am moving to running ledgersmb 1.3.9 on a VM (XEN, domU is debian squeeze) at my office. I've set things up properly I think. The VM template is used at another company to run ledgersmb-1.2.17. I upgraded the postgresql to 9.1, but I could run 9.0 if someone felt that this was the reason. I did install the contrib package, which I had in fact missed the first time. I also added: # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only local all sswbooks md5 local all ledgersmb md5 local all all peer to pg_hba.conf, so that password logins would work for Unix domain sockets. I copied a database backup from my laptop to the VM, and restored it with: sudo -u postgres dropdb sswbooks sudo -u postgres psql -q -f 2011_08_26.sql The creates a database 'sswbooks'. I then connect to the web interface at https://hostname/ledgersmb/setup.pl. I seem to get a "connection was reset" at least once, with no error in the log. A "try again" (in firefox) solves this. I have set up the Allow From in the ledgersmb-httpd.conf so that I can reach the web server from my laptop (on the same IPv6 LAN). I get prompted for the postgres database user. I then go through three screens with what I think is a set of invoices and employees which happen to have duplicate invoice numbers, etc. (a bunch are due to recurring transactions) I fix this by appending "b","c", etc. to the invoice#, or adding the date. Then I get to a screen that asks me for: Contrib Dir (I enter /usr/share/postgresql/9.1/extension ) Default Country (I enter "Ca") Default AR not sure what to enter, I left blank Default AP ditto I then get a page, "Enter User", and it seems to suggest that I should create a new user. I enter my normal login "mcr" (which should really already exist, and reading the logs, there is many notices that role mcr is already a member of a bunch of groups...) Then it says: Database Operation Complete This database operation has completed successfully. LedgerSMB may now be used. Return to setup Start Using LedgerSMB I then login. I'm told that my password will expire, but I found that if I changed it, it kinda didn't work. I try to browse around my accounts, and find that they just aren't there. I was reading the apache error log, and I find a few very minor errors (complete log at: http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/ledgersmb-1.3.9.txt) screen shots: http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/mcrcapture/6787.2011-12-28/capture1.png http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/mcrcapture/8421.2011-12-28/capture1.png http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/mcrcapture/7564.2011-12-28/capture1.png http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/mcrcapture/9651.2011-12-28/capture1.png http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/mcrcapture/3148.2011-12-28/capture1.png http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/mcrcapture/1228.2011-12-28/capture1.png http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/mcrcapture/3998.2011-12-28/capture1.png http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/mcrcapture/6719.2011-12-28/capture1.png here I get the connection reset, and my logs say: http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/mcrcapture/8974.2011-12-28/capture1.png ==> /var/log/apache2/marlin-error.log <== [Thu Dec 29 02:25:50 2011] [error] [client 2607:f0b0:f:2:20d:60ff:fefa:7f03] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /usr/share/ledgersmb/css/, referer: https://marlin.sandelman.ca/ledgersmb/setup.pl ==> /var/log/apache2/marlin_access.log <== desk.marajade.sandelman.ca - - [29/Dec/2011:02:25:50 +0000] "GET /ledgersmb/css/ HTTP/1.1" 403 628 "https://marlin.sandelman.ca/ledgersmb/setup.pl" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1 Iceweasel/9.0.1" I also got this: ==> /var/log/apache2/marlin-error.log <== [Thu Dec 29 02:25:16 2011] [error] [client 2607:f0b0:f:2:20d:60ff:fefa:7f03] commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at scripts/setup.pl line 431., referer: https://marlin.sandelman.ca/ledgersmb/setup.pl I hit try again, agreed to repost the data, and got this: http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/mcrcapture/9951.2011-12-28/capture1.png I then fixed the duplicates: http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/mcrcapture/9030.2011-12-28/capture1.png Database management console: http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/mcrcapture/7660.2011-12-28/capture1.png (I looked up Default AR/AP from my 1.2.17 install) Hit, upgrade, and got connection reset. Try again, get Database Management Console. Created a different user this time. (Frank) Go to interface (login.pl), I'm asked for my login (mcr/pw/sswbooks), and then I get a HTTP Authorization request, and I enter the same. Now, it fails, so I try frank, and it works. I pass on changing frank's password, number format, etc. Database is empty.
Description: PGP signature