Re: Setting up printers for different clients on one Ledgersmb instance

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 5:49 AM, Steven Marshall
<..hidden..> wrote:
> Does anyone have several companies setup on one instance of Ledgersmb?
>  Since specifying printers is done in ledgersmb.conf, how can you setup
> customer specific printers such that each individual customer only sees
> their own printers on the various screens such as on the Point of Sale/Sales
> screen without seeing/having access to other customers' printers. It would
> seem that keeping customer printer information in the company database would
> be the solution but wanted to run it past everyone to see if anybody has
> already found a solution for this. I realize I could create a separate
> Ledgersmb instance per company and use Apache's rewrite module to redirect a
> company user to their specific instance but that doesn't seem ideal
> especially if you have many companies that you are hosting.

For the POS module, a lot can be confgured (as light Perl scripting)
in the pos.conf.pl  Note this has access to the form data and CGI
environment variables.  In fact the examples show redirecting printer
output to a network port on the client computer.

We need a good way to think this through.  I don't see an easy way of
just putting it in defaults for now.  But that's where it needs to
go.....