Re: Ledgersmb 1.3.3: Super User can't login to company database

Best Regards,
Steven Marshall

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 17, 2011, at 4:33 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

> Hil
>
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Steven Marshall
> <..hidden..> wrote:
>> I am trying to understand the purpose of the Super User that is used on the
>> initial screen of Setup.pl.  I have created a Superuser called "ledgersmb"
>> with a password in PostgreSQL.
>
> You could use "postgres" instead of "ledgersmb."  It just has to be a
> superuser.  This is a database user which creates and sets up the
> database for you.

You state that it just needs to be a superuser.  I created the
ledgersmb user as a superuser using the following:

CREATE USER ledgersmb WITH superuser password 'somepassword';

After this I run setup.pl to create my database specifying 'ledgersmb'
as the superuser.  I am expecting to be able to login to my new
database using 'ledgersmb' superuser account.  Unless I am
misunderstanding something, the "postgres" and "ledgersmb" accounts in
my system are both superusers are they not?  Both should be able to
login at this point?