Re: Download link for RC2 - another suggestion

Chris,

On 2011-09-24 02:15, Chris Travers wrote:
On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 1:08 AM, Philip Rhoades <..hidden..> wrote:

Also, it would be good to have all the postgresql packages as
dependencies of the lsmb rpm.

Do we want to ensure that PostgreSQL is always running on the web server?

Ah yes, I had forgotten that some people might have the DB somewhere else . .

Unfortunately I don't see an easy way to specify optional or
recommended packages in RPM's....

One option we might have would be to offer a separate package with the
Pg server dependencies.

It is not really critical for me - I just thought it would be nice to have all packages that are required to be installed in one go (I would normally have PG installed already anyway).

Thanks,

Phil.

All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable. Why? It contains a definitive record of application performance, security threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy2