Re: LedgerSMB on Windows

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:18 PM, ERACC Subscriptions <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 14:35 -0400, Thomas Bullock wrote:
>> You mention Firefox.  I migrated from that to Chrome over a year ago.
>> In your context are there reasons not to use Chrome?
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> We recommend Firefox with LedgerSMB on our web site:
>
> http://www.eracc.com/content/accounting-and-point-sale-linux-unix
>
> Mainly because there were known problems with Internet Explorer from
> Microsoft versus LedgerSMB at the time that page was created. I do not
> use Google directly (I use the startingpage.com search proxy for Google
> searches.) or any Google products if I can avoid it. Primarily due to
> Google's lack of concern for My Privacy. So, I have no idea how well
> Chromium aka Chrome works with LedgerSMB. Probably someone else on the
> list does know about that though.

IE8 should work but since I don't have Windows I haven't been able to
do extensive testing.  Most of my testing is done on the following
browsers in order of frequency:

Chrome
Firefox
Epiphany

In general Chrome and Firefox have far better development tools
associated than other browsers and so this is why this is the case.

The past IE problems were pretty-IE specific (the big one was handling
of button elements) but because IE refused to support standards in
some areas, a few lesser known browsers became unsupportable as well,
mostly lesser known text-based browsers.