Re: LedgerSMB on Windows

On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 13:55 -0400, Thomas Bullock wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> As a new (in all respects) user, I have many questions.  For this
> post, let me keep it to just theses 2:
>
> 1. Has anyone installed LSMB on Windows 7, 64 bit?
>
> 2. If someone has, are any instructions posted somewhere re the
> installation process for Win7-64?
>
> Thanks.
> Tom

Hi Tom,

To be honest I use FreeBSD Unix and Mageia Linux in my business. I do
not use Microsoft systems in my home or for my business. I do install
and support Microsoft systems for our company clients that need or want
them. However, the rough steps would be:

        * Install a web server with PHP - like Apache for Microsoft
        * Install PostgreSQL for Microsoft
        * Install Firefox for Microsoft
        * Get all these working
        * Then install LedgerSMB and get it working

Frankly, looking at that makes me tired just thinking about all the work
needed to make this play with a Microsoft system. I think you would be
better off setting up a cheap Linux system with Apache, PostgreSQL and
LedgerSMB, then connecting to that over your LAN using Firefox on your
Microsoft PC.

Gene Alexander