Re: Fedora 14 Install Script

Chris,

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:39:52 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 5:08 AM, Philip Rhoades <..hidden..> wrote:
The main hassle for me in the past every time I have looked at the
install is that I have tried to install all the appropriate Perl RPMs so that I don't need to do a CPAN install (which is not nice - I want to
minimise non-RPM installs). ÂI have always been, eventually,
unsuccessful and had to fall back to CPAN.

Have you tried something like

If you point yum at the rpm it should install the dependencies. If it
doesn't please file a bug.

? I haven't been able to look at this for a while but are you saying there is a v1.3 RPM?

What do you mean? ÂWhy should creating an RPM be unfriendly? - it
should be the opposite for other apps . .

The issue here actually is that the amount of Pg installation and
configuration we can do.  I personally think we cannot do much here.
We could provide model pg_hba.conf files for people who are running no
other apps.  For 1.3, I would like to put forth a special "database"
rpm that would install the Pg server, and provide model configuration
files, command line installation tools, etc. But I don't think we can
safely modify the pg_hba.conf

I agree.

PG was never really an issue for me . . mostly Perl . .

Ok, so we are talking about different issues.   The RPM for some time
has been designed to be usable with yum so that automatic installation
of perl dependencies is possible.  Those dependencies that are not
otherwise possible to install with yum, we provide.

You are still talking about v1.2 right?

Thanks,

Phil.
--