Re: Fedora 14 Install Script

> I would be interested in testing it out - I have had other
> things to
> deal with for a while but I want to get back to this
> soon.
I think (as Matt suggested) I'll try to post it on the devel list.  Will you get it there?

>  Ideally, it
> would be good if we could package it into an RPM.
True, to a certain extent.  An RPM would allow the dependencies to get automatically loaded onto the system (through YUM) (except for those I had to go to CPAN for). And, if maintained, might get packaged into the distro itself (with all sorts of help making those CPAN dependancies also get into the distro).

But I think it would have limited use with a working-out-of-box LSMB. It was a bit of a hassle getting things right (mostly within Postgre, not so much with apache or the OS)

It would be nice to edit some config files within LSMB so that we don't have to worry about getting the right database, or the right host, or whatever, whenever we set up the datasets and users. It seemed to me that those things are going to be always unchanged (or at least default) after they're set up on the user's machine. Being able to set those from the setup means it's less error-prone during usage and there's less instructions for the end-user to fiddle with.

Neon