Re: Development progress

Hi Luke,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Luke <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2011, Chris Travers wrote:
>
>> Development snapshots are under Development Snapshots in the
>> Sourceforge file system.
>>
>> Biweekly snapshots will be named [branch]-[yyyymmdd]
>>
>> First snapshot is in place.
>
> Chris
>
> Personally, I'm fine with SVN, and stay away from SF sites as much as I
> possibly can.
> However, because of that, I can't answer the question which I would ask if
> I was not fine with SVN: how does one access said Sourceforge file system?
> Is there some direct URL?
>
> That might speed the path of Phil and other willing testers.

Good point. Here's a link to the folder holding the directories with
the snapshots in them:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ledger-smb/files/Development%20Snapshots/

So, when clicking on that link, you'll be directed to a page which
shows directories. One of them is 1.3-snapshot20110614; opening that
directory will show you two files: the  snapshot and its signature
file.

> As for me, I created a new virtual machine over the weekend, and will
> begin testing the trunk version this week. ÂSo hopefully will have some
> constructive feedback by Saturday.
> I'll be testing in lenny, mainly because I could not get Ubuntu to install
> with debootstrap. ÂI hope to make a Debian dependency collection package.

That's great news! Looking forward to your results.

Bye,

Erik.