Re: adding notes after posting invoices

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Luke <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, Chris Travers wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Luke <..hidden..>
>> wrote:

>>> That is a long standing feature wish for many of us.  It doesn't exist in
>>> 1.2, unfortunately.
>>
>> 1.3 implemented this for tax reporting reasons.  There is a new "save
>> info" button that saves tax reporting info and internal notes only.
>
> Is it backportable?

 It'd have to be a custom patch, and one would probably have to create
it as a custom job since other elements of the same commit would not
apply and would throw errors.  However, given the fact that it's
basically a db query and a button, it would be just as fast to
implement anew for 1.2 :-P  (Just have a button and a function on the
handle script which saves the appropriate fields to the ar/ap table.)

If someone wants to sponsor development for such a customization, let
me know.  I'd be happy to oblidge and attach the patch somewhere
publically visible for others to use.  However, my time is mostly
spent getting 1.3 ready for release so it would be billable.