Re: upgrade issue - can't log in

The upgrade is an experiment to debug the real thing.

I used Mondo to clone my server onto Virtualbox.

Ubuntu 8.04 to Ubuntu 10.04 using apt-get dist-upgrade

I must have used cpan to install all the modules because all the perl modules vanished. I used this link to apt-get the modules:

http://www.howtoforge.com/ledgersmb_debian_etch

apt-get install libdata-dumper-simple-perl perl-modules liblocale-maketext-lexicon-perl libmd5-perl libdbi-perl libdbd-pg-perl libconfig-any-perl libmime-lite-perl libhtml-linkextractor-perl libnet-tclink-perl libparse-recdescent-perl libmodule-build-perl

I think it's out of date, and if anyone can post the latest requirement here it might be useful for someone else in the future.

I'm currently on 1.2.16 and haven't yet attempted to upgrade LSMB. Do I need to upgrade progressively, or can I go directly from 1.2.16 to 1.2.21 ? I've looked in the UPGRADE doc and can't see this mentioned.

many thanks.

David.

Chris Travers wrote:
Actually, the BigInt is a warning only.  It is falling back
successfully to the FastCalc submodule.  You will get slightly better
perforance by installing Math::BigInt::GMP though.

The Mime::Lite is the larger issue here though.

How did you do the upgrade?  And from what version to what version?

Best wishes,

that requires sensitive data to be transmitted over the Web. Learn how to best implement a security strategy that keeps consumers' information secure and instills the confidence they need to proceed with transactions. http://p.sf.net/sfu/oracle-sfdevnl _______________________________________________