Re: POS internal error

For completeness CC'ing this to the list

Ian Williamson wrote:
Hi David, thanks for the advice, I will give that a go and let you know
how I get on.

Much appreciated.

Ian

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 22:32 +0800, David Godfrey wrote:
Hi Ian,

if you downloaded the tarball (.tgz or .tar.gz) from sourceforge there are some known issues with permissions on .pl and .pm files.

I would recommend using svn to grab the source from sourceforge by running the following in a terminal as a normal user.
cd /usr/src
U='https://ledger-smb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ledger-smb/tags/1.2.21' /usr/src svn co $U lsmb_1.2.21
<<<<< end of code

BEFORE PROCEEDING BACKUP YOUR EXISTING INSTALLATION :)
You can then copy the contents of /usr/src/lsmb_1.2.21 over your ledgersmb installation.

If you have customized templates or configfiles etc overwrite them for now, then after proving that everything works (or doesn't) selectively copy your modified files back.

Don't forget to run
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data $LedgerSMB_Install_Dir
otherwise apache will not be able to run ledgersmb :(

I can't guarantee that this will fix anything, but it will put your system into a know state that is the same as the devs use.

Regards
David Godfrey

Ian Williamson wrote:
Hi David, thanks for replying,

I'm running Ubuntu Linux 9.10 with ledgersmb version 1.2.21

I'm not 100% sure where i downloaded ledger from, but I think it was
sourceforge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ledger-smb/files/ledgersmb/

Many Thanks,

Ian