SVN and testing? Re: Installing LSMB 1.3: initiate.pl Failed!

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't download from the SVN Trunk, since I consider SVN as the
developers domain and therefore unstable by nature.

It might be an option to adopt the Debian model: unstable, testing, stable.
The nice thing about a testing version is that one the one hand it provides
new functionality and/or bugfixes at an early stage, and on the other hand
(at least intended) consistancy.

A testing version would benefit the users and the developers!
It would give the users an earlier opportunity to test and at the same time
provide the developers with a continuous stream of feedback.
This certainly will speed up the development process.

Best Wishes,

Marjan Waldorp,
tux4u.nl

David Godfrey wrote:
Hi Marjan,

I think your problems were fixed in SVN Trunk.

If you could grab the latest SVN using
"svn up" from in your local svn copy
or if you don't have a local svn copy
"svn co https://ledger-smb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ledger-smb/trunk ledgersmb-trunk" the svn co command will create a directory ledgersmb-trunk in the current dir and download to the new dir.

Once either of these commands have been run, you sould have the latest version of the 1.3 code, and I all known installation issues are solved.

If you are interested in following our IRC channel, what is where a lot of these issues are discussed as someone finds a problem.
IRC channel is #ledgersmb on irc.freenode.net

Regards
David Godfrey

Iserv-appbox wrote:
Hi Chris,

Since we are now more than a month later it seems I have touched some
problematic issues regarding the lsmb 1.3 installation, or did I fall
asleep and just missed an announcement of a new (beta) release?

Anyway I would like to test and evaluate lsmb 1.3 since I'm planning
to setup a new installation for a customer.
Can you advise me what to do best?

Best Wishes,

Marjan Waldorp

Chris Travers wrote:
Thanks to both of you for your feedback.  I will get this implemented
either tonight or later this week!