Re: Pre-paid inventor

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010, Chris Travers wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Joseph wrote:
>>
>> So I just need to manually transfer the money between the "checking account" and "internal transfers" first.
>> And after I receive the goods I record the transaction and pay it from "internal transfers".
>>
>> It would be convenient if we could to pay the Invoice and record it first before receiving inventory to avoid manual transfer.
>
> We have this sort of thing working for 1.3.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers

We are beginning to evaluate LSMB and I am hoping some variation of the following will be possible.

In our current system we encounter this regularly and handle it the simplest way possible.
We credit checking and debit accounts payable for the vendor when the deposit check is written.
Later when the goods arrive with an invoice we process the material receipt which credits AP Vendor and debits inventory. If there is a remaining balance on the invoice we pay it (Credit checking, debit AP vendor)
The advantage is that payments to the vendor always go into the vendor AP account so we don't have to remember to check for other entries in a separate clearing or an deposit asset account. The trick is associating the first deposit payment with the later invoice. Is there a tricky way to do this in 1.2 or must we wait for 1.3?

Best regards,
Paul Bente