Re: percentage discount not calculating properly

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Chris Travers wrote:

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Luke <..hidden..> wrote:

I had vaguely remembered stumbling upon something like that once, but I
thought it was in SL.

So mainly what is required to implement it, is to use something like
1.050, or 1.0500 as the sellprice in inventory, and Bob's problem goes
away.

That's the way it works in SL.  We lost it for a while in early 1.2.x
but we apparently fixed it long enough ago I can't remember when.  In
fact we fixed it so long ago I forgot we fixed it.....

See my other message. It is fixed, it works if you know how to trigger it, and it's basically successful.

The problem: if you have ten thousand products already entered, this becomes a huge hardship to actually use. You'd have to fix it per invoice, or spend much time editing items.

For Bob's customer, who sounds like a "it should just work" type, this is probably also not a great solution, even if it works.

There has to be a programatic way to solve this.

I have not touched the codebase in years (never under the name LedgerSMB), but I have proposed a hack in another message. Please tell me what I haven't thought of that will make that solution not work for Bob's situation.

Actually, there may be a simpler way. Could we just pad the sellprice with zeros to a certain amount, on IS.pm lines 290-291?

All of this assumes that more precision is always better in these calculations. As far as I know it is, but maybe not?

Luke