Re: Upgrading and COGS

Hi,

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-users] Upgrading and COGS
From: Dan Brow (Mail Lists only) <..hidden..>
To: ..hidden..
Date: Wed 10 Feb 2010 11:22:38 AM PST

> I was not able to reverse an invoice in SL or I would have, maybe it was
> just not obvious and it was possible. If it's possible in LedgerSMB then
> I will be using this approach for sure.

Oh, that's an easy one, and does work in SQL Ledger too... here's how we
do it:

1. Open the invoice to reverse
2. Make all quantities negative
3. Add a "V" or "R" to the invoice number so that you can tell it apart
from the original
4. Update the date if the original is in a closed accounting period
5. Update
6. Post as new

... and then you'll see both the original and the reversed transactions
as open. To clear them out, I go to Cash -> Receipt, select both
invoices and update, and post.

Cheers,
John Locke
http://freelock.com