Re: Upgrading and COGS

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Dan Brow (Mail Lists only)
<..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm very much considering the switch to LedgerSMB and was hoping someone
> could answer me on the following questions.
>
> Will I be able to move my SQL-Ledger data from 2.8.28 to SMB ledger? I'm
> willing to use the beta version.

I expect to have migration scripts done shortly.

> Will I still be effected by the COGS re-posting issues that has pledged
> me for years with SL?

There are some rather significant issues with COGS and re-posted
invoices.  Because accountants don't accept reposting invoices as a
valid approach (because it interferes with auditing the financial
records), there is no correct answer to how COGS should be handled
when reposting an invoice.

There are a number of specific problems which affect COGS when an
invoice is reposted.  Because these have no accepted answer, we have
to address the problem differently.

Instead we have been putting the time and effort into addressing COGS
on reversed invoices (which was also buggy).  If you experience
problems in this area please let me know and we will get those
problems fixed.

The rule is:  don't repost an invoice if you can avoid it.  If you
absolutely must, talk with us about why this is necessary for you and
let's see if we can work out an alternative.