Re: Need GL query

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 9:00 PM, M Lubratt <..hidden..> wrote:
> Ah-ha!  That does work.
> The one difference they need is is the account description in addition to
> the account number.  So, I'm looking for acc_trans.accno || ' - ' ||
> acc_trans.description instead of only acc_trans.accno.

There are a couple tricks here to be aware of:

1)  You can log the sql query in PostgreSQL by:
alter user foo set log_statement = 'all'; (or something like that)

Then you can run the report and pull the query out of the logs.

2)  You could modify the query to include the description.

3)  In psql, you can use \h to generate html, and \o to save as a
file.  If you name the file report.xls, it will open in Excel.