Re: Bug in 1.2.18

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010, Chris Travers wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 9:59 PM, Luke <..hidden..> wrote:
>
> > I believe I've found a bug in 1.2.18.  Can someone confirm?
> >
> > Go to cash -> payments.

Agh, blimy, that was supposed to be "payment".

> > Select all, update.
> >
> > At this point you're asked to choose a vendor.
> >

> A few questions:
>
> Cash./Payments allows you to pay several vendors at once.  This doesn't seem
> to match, right?
> You mean Cash/Payment, right?

Yes, apologies.

> > I had, for example:
> >
> > amazon.com (address)
> > Luke (me - address)
> > bunch of others
> >
> > Choose something other than the first (I chose Luke), and hit continue.
> >
> > For me, what happened next, is that the dropdown for vendor reflected
> > "amazon.com", but the address was my mailing address for the Luke vendor.
> >
> > Wrongness.  So, I chose myself (again) from the dropdown, and hit update,
> > at which point it was fine.
>
> This is hte mailing address on the check?

Yes.  The first address entered on the vendor creation screen.  So it
showed correct address, but wrong vendor.

It is worth noting, that I had no outstanding APs when I did this.
So, before I selected "all", there was no dropdown (well, there was a
blank field).  Now, because there are outstanding APs, I can no longer
duplicate the behavior on any of my running databases.  I would have to
launch a test company to test it again.

Luke