various minor issues

Greetings List,
I hope everyone is having a fine day today...
I have a client who has migrated to ledgersmb, so far most things are
going fairly well, but I am stuck on a few things.  I am hoping I might
find some assistance with the remaining issues:

1. change sales person in user prefs page.  The customer base was
imported from another database, and the import set the only user on the
system at the time as the salesperson for every customer.  Now, on the
customer page, we cannot change that salesperson.  Is there a way to do
that without deleting/re-adding customers, I also do not see this field
present in the customer table.

2. invoice number right away.  The flow of doing invoices, for this
client, is such that they would like to know the invoice number before
the invoice gets posted, else they have to go back to see it.  As far as
I know, the invoice number only gets created at post time, or when the
invoice gets emailed (maybe when it gets printed too, I don't print so I
don't know).  Is that just the way it is going to be, or would there be
something I could modify that would bring the invoice number up on the
first update instead?

3. Get discount value to show on the invoice.  My customer offers
discounts to a good number of her clients, and she would like the dollar
value of the discount to be present on her invoices.  I checked the wiki
for all the latex variables and did not find such a variable.  Again, is
this something that a non-programmer such as myself could hack?  Any
hints on where to start?

4. where in the database is the gst/pst so I can set it to yes for all
customers?  After importing all of the customers, on the customer page
the taxable check mark is not set.  Like the salesperson, these fields
do not appear to be present in the customer table of the database.
Where might I find the field so that I can just toggle them all on with
a sql command rather than going to each page individually?

5. get rid of gifi and other unused things.  My client is hoping to trim
down things she doesn't use, such as gifi and a number of fields on the
customer page, etc.  As far as fields go, I *think* I can probably
modify the perl scripts that create the webpages to not display these
fields.  For gifi, it is disabled on the admin page, but still shows up
in the chart of accounts.  Is that also something I can just "not
display" by modifying scripts?  Am I unravelling a knot that holds the
whole thing together if I try modifying scripts to get rid of things?

Thanks...

Bob Miller
334-7117/633-3760
http://computerisms.ca