Employee Expenses, Again

To anyone who can advise.

I'm still trying to figure out Michael's workflow here.  Here is what I
understand to be the case:

Vendors:
Widgets, Ltd.
Employee Name

Accounts:
Accounts Payable
Widget Acquisitions (expense) - shows up in lineitem section
Checking Account (Asset) - shows up in payments section
Employee Expensed (asset, although I think should be liability) - shows up
in payments section

Do you have another account?:
Employee Expenses (expense) - shows up in lineitem section

Workflow:

* AP transaction or vendor invoice for "Widgets, Ltd.".
* $10 worth of widgets, expensed against "Widget Acquisition" (through
inventory or AP lineitem).
* Invoice paid at the exact amount from "Employee Expensed"
(asset account that is really a liability).

* AP Transaction for "Employee Name" vendor.
* Expensed against what? Expense account? [*]
* Paid from "Checking Account".

[[*]] Here's my main problem.  What expense account are you using on the
second AP Transaction? It can't be the liability/asset account ("Employee
Expensed"), because there is no way in the program that said account can
show up in the list of expense accounts.  Have I missed something there?

So perhaps you have an expense account ("Employee Expenses"), which would
work there?

The math:

First Transaction:
Widget Acquisition: debit $10
Accounts Payable: credit $10
Employee Expensed: credit $10 (asset version)
Accounts payable: debit $10

Second Transaction:
Employee Expenses: debit $10
Accounts Payable: credit $10
Checking Account: credit $10
Accounts Payable: debit $10

You could theoretically use one "employee expense" account as the fake
checking and the expense accounts, but the program does not seem to allow
this.
At least, I can not figure out how to make it allow this.

As a result, my understanding is that you have an expense account of
"Employee Expenses", with a value of $10 at the end of the period.  You
also have a supposed asset account, "Employee Expensed", with a negative
value of $10 at the end of the period.

That "asset" account would be a bit of a problem, wouldn't it?
Unless you've found some way to combine an asset and an expense account,
that I am just not seeing.

Or maybe I've got it all wrong.

Luke