Re: Bank Statements.

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, lrspares45 wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 11:26 +0800, David Godfrey wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > What does everyone do to enter information from bank statements?
> > And once entered how do you reconcile this info with other transactions?
> >
> > David
>
> I think you may be looking at it the wrong way round. Your bank
> statement needs to be reconciled against LSMB. By that I mean you should
> be able to read down the statement, find each transaction in LSBM, and
> tick it off on the statement. Equally, you should be able read through
> what LSMB produces and find it on the statement. If the two match, you

It should be noted, that what he's talking about is the
cash -> Reconciliation
option in LedgerSMB.

Go there, select the appropriate account, enter the starting and ending
dates from your bank statement, and you'll be on your way.
I ignore that period business, and uncheck the FX exchange listing option,
but that's just me.

Luke