Re: Problem With Saving Parts

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 2:35 AM, beamends <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi all,
I've mentioned this before, but it is now becoming a real problem.

When Saving a part with the Vendor info filled in it is taking
increasingly long for for the save not to produce this error:

"DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: duplicate key violates unique
constraint "partsvendor_pkey" at LedgerSMB/IC.pm line 529.

Error!

INSERT INTO partsvendor
(vendor_id, parts_id,
partnumber, lastcost,
leadtime, curr)
VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "partsvendor_pkey"
"

try:

SELECT setval('partsvendor_entry_id_seq', max(entry_id)) from partsvendor;

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason, sometimes it works first time,
every time for a while, other (now most) times it can take ages.

The record so far is 102 attempts, and just changing a spelling mistake
can now take 20 mins!

When saving a new part, the same happens but the part record is saved
without the vendor info - the part complete records then have to be
deleted manually.

The only trend is that it is getting much worse as the dbase grows!

If necessary I can supply a back-up of our dbase for testing - I was
hoping that I could hang on for 1.3, but this is becoming a real
problem.

Cheers
Richard

--